Whatever Is Haunting You… You’ve Got To Do It
And You Know
There’s No Other Way
Who doesn’t have a secret pending issue haunting them?
Who hasn’t felt a contraction in the solar plexus while thinking about a deadline, or an inevitable moment of truth that’s getting closer and closer?
Who has never felt in debt with their dreams, desires or even commitments?
It might be something light as a little toleration bugging you: clothing is waiting for days to be folded, maybe.
Or a life-changing decision as quitting your job and moving to Italy, just because you love risotto and can’t hold the excitement (never a good idea to hold it btw).
But either way…
The longer you wait, the heavier it gets.
And it doesn’t stop there.
Because most of the times is not only 1 thing hunting us.
And they add up until the burden is unbearable.
No wonder why there is so many sick, overweight, stressed and sad people out there: they’ve been carrying so much weight on their invisible shoulders for so long.
I’ve witnessed some of the next examples in clients and friends (and maybe, just maybe, at least one is mine):
- Writing that chapter of your book you don’t know where to start (or a blog post, or that paper, or a letter).
- Taking care of that tooth pain that you are sedating with painkillers.
- Quitting your (boring) job that’s sucking up your joy.
- Starting a project or training, you feel as passionate as terrified about.
- Emptying the closet, or organizing your garage.
- Raising funds for that life changing initiative.
- Finishing (or starting) the book that has been patiently sitting on your night table for months.
- Offering your services as a freelance and starting building your own practice or business doing what you love the most.
- Registering for that art lettering course you were so excited about when you saw the advertisement.
- Having that uncomfortable conversation with your partner, friend, colleague, neighbor, or…
Ok, you get the point.
It can be anything. Big or small. Spiritual or mundane.
Whatever is keeping you awake in the middle of the night, or it’s screaming inside your head when you’re taking a shower because you haven’t given yourself to it, and is still calling you…
You know there’s no escape, until
Is that hard to just freaking do it?
Or it might be easier than we think?
What if what’s really hard is not the just freaking do it part… but the WAITING to make the decision to freaking do it?
That long, excruciating, dry, dull time while we keep ourselves in limboby not making a decision?
What if that waiting is what is hard?
Are we making it harder than it needs to be?
Does it need to be hard at all?
What if it’s easier?
What if it just takes a nanosecond to say: «YES, I’ll do it»?
I won’t give you any suggestions, pointers, nor «3 Ideas to Start Freaking Doing it» in this post.
This time it’ll be you & you. Me & me. Her & her. Him & him. We gotta face our ghosts on our own.
We can do it. I know. We came here to do it. That’s why that is calling us.
May The Force Be With Us while we… freaking do it ;-)
© 2022 Evelyn Mezquita & Leo Alcalá / Dynamic Creations Assoc., Inc.